Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Overdue Correction

I find in the Salt Lake papers this morning the obituary of Margaret Boud Coombs, 94, daughter of Joseph Edwin and Irene Delaney Boud. I have not known prior to this that that couple had this child. I find also, in the 1930 US Federal Census they have a son, Robert four years younger than Margaret. My post of July 31, 2010 then is incorrect and I show a lapse in researching. I am certain this will not be the only error I find as I go on with this story of this remarkable family. At other times I will find more complete information; when I find either: errors or incomplete information, my goal is to correct it as quickly as I am able.

So, while I have not gotten to the grandchildren of Elizabeth Pollard Boud let me introduce Margaret Boud, born 1916 in Salt Lake City and married 1939 Alan Coombs. A graduate of University of Utah at age 20 with a degree in Science and Education. Margaret and her husband were restauranteurs in Salt Lake for over thirty years and active supporters of the local ski industry.
They have four children. Alan Coombs passed away 1976. Margaret- Margie- passed away August 20, this past Saturday.

I am sure her family has our collective sympathy and condolences. Her obituary is posted at www.larkinmortuary.com

I will search for more information about our kin Robert, as well.

And I extend my apologies for my error.

No comments:

Post a Comment