Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lola Jane's Last Two Children

Cora Virginia Justesen married Fergus Theodore Thompsen 28 Dec 1931 in Manti, Utah. I do not have the marriage having been performed in the Manti LDS Temple in my record. This marriage ended with a divorce. They had a son William Sean Thompsen. I have his birth as 1937 and a death date in 1978. Cora married Walter David Hook 18 Dec 1935, and this couple also had a son Donald P. Hook. Cora died 21 Dec 1998 at Reseda, Los Angeles, California, where I learn from Social Security Death Index that Walter also died there in May of 2011. They have two grandchildren in my record.
Fergus Thompsen passed away in St George Utah in 1986.

I have located WWII Army Enlistment information for Fergus Thompsen which indicates he was a shipping or postal clerk at the time of his enlistment in 1943. I have not yet learned anything more of Walter Hook.

Lola Winona Justesen married Louis S. Allred 12 Jun 1942 in Manti. Lola passed away in Provo 14 Jun 2005, preceded by Louis on October 27, 1969. They were parents of seven children, five sons and two daughters. Two have passed away, Vicky Sue in 1960 at age 15, James L. in 2008 aged 64. Their remaining children are Robert S, David L, John A, Cynthia and Randy B. Lola and Louis are buried in the Spring City cemetery. I have no (further) biolgraphical information as yet on this family.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ked, I don't know if your record is correct or mine, but I show Cora and Fergus son's name as William Evans Thompsen with a birthdate of 14 nov 1940 ... I will have to ask my grandfather if he has any information to prove which record is correct ... If you find anything before, please let me know
    Thanks, Daphne (Thompsen)Kenney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne. Research never really is done, I find. And I have been shown I can misread or confuse names and dates so I will check this out. Thank you for both your interest and support . kk

      Delete