Friday, July 30, 2010

The Puzey Grandchildren

Believe it or not I've tried to organize my paperwork to smoothly flow into the blog. And daily I find I have forgotten a page, lost a reference, dropped a number or recalled a different family. I do not find this charming! But I know it is research and report. We will not have a definitive book on the Pollard daughters- from me, at least- and if we do, by that time a professional editor will have helped erase or minimize the human errors. But I will make my best effort to do that in this space. I am so thrilled to have a sketch, even incomplete, of this family that I admire, respect and whose impact I believe will go on for generations. I believe I am Pollard with as equal a footing as I am Backman, Kirkham, Woodhouse, Gudmundsen, Mulliner, Chugg, McCullough, Mercer, Thomas, Jones, Jacobsdottir, Bailey, Richardson, Andersdottir, Lovering, or Gibbon. And I believe the same of you (with your own pedigree names).

The above was brought about by realizing I had neglected to print a family group for Mary Alice Puzey, the family group sheet being my working file for this generation; and in whose there are so few empty boxes! This correction shifts all the birth order numbers after her up one. But, I digress!

Frederick Puzey, Sep 4, 1875 to Sep 12, 1938, was born in Spring City and my record says he died in Salt Lake City. He immigrated to Canada after his marriage to Emili Nilsson in 1910. She was born in Sweden in 1875 and died in Champion, Alberta, Canada in 1924. One son, Frederick Elmer was born in Canada 25 Aug 1911, dying there 13 Oct 1990. After being widowed a year Frederick married Anna Ohlin in Dec 1925.
The area this family settled was farm country opened up when the railroad came. Unfamiliar with the place, geographically I imagine it is much like the northern farm plains of Montana, which I have seen. Silos probably indicate a farm over the roll of the horizon; Vulcan, Champion, Carmangay are communities that are named on this family record. All were founded before 1909, grew to have over 100 residents but none have a post office. This latter requiring a town, I suppose.

Joseph Henry Puzey, 26 May 1877 - 17 Mar 1962, marrying Letitia Beckstrom Allred in 1902; Letitia being the widow of Joseph Delos Allred. Joining Stephen Terrance Allred in this family were Lydia Marie Puzey and Richard Keith Puzey. Widowed later, Joseph married Olive Ellis. Daughter Marie lived until 1996, passing away in Ogden, Utah; her obituary ran in the Standard-Examiner Sunday June 9, 1996 on page 21C. Sons Stephen and Richard both were deceased in the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment