Saturday, April 9, 2011

Collateral Lines

Years ago I had a chance to look at -in my own hands- a funeral notice for George Pollard, brother to Joseph Pollard.
This photographic item was produced in Melbourne Australia if my memory serves. And with that I knew that Joseph had maintained some sort of contact with his family of England. This month, on the 4th I received a note from a descendant of George Pollard who had settled in Australia.


When I looked in my files I found only dates: George Pollard born either 24 or 28 Jun 1824 at Corfe and died 1915. Nothing more. Because the funeral momento had a picture either with others in it or named on it I knew George had a family but I have no record. So it was that I delighted in receiving a note from someone who had chanced upon this blog. And with this contact perhaps we will learn a little of what became of Pollard siblings. (My record, probably based on the LDS Archive records has Joseph with 8 siblings, George the youngest, 5 years younger than Joseph.)
As I learn more about this brother in Australia and perhaps of the others I will bring that information to this site.

I have added a picture sent me by Kaitlyn Emmett. This is not the funeral card. Kaitlyn is the great great granddaughter of George's daughter Elizabeth Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment