Friday, November 2, 2012

Next Steps

I am gratified by the response I have received for this effort. The next generation, the great grandchildren of the Bishop's daughters seems daunting. Perhaps this generation is not even complete yet- an awesome thought in itself (I am 60, and belong to the youngest daughter's family, so maybe it is also an unrealistic thought!). But what a pleasure to begin to meet my cousins of these lines. Indeed, it is a mighty tree that has grown from those roots that anchored here in the valleys of the mountains. 

I continue to watch for news of our journey- individually and collectively. As in other of my family relations I see the number that follows the dash, but it is the dash (-) that makes us who we are, that invests and enriches the dates it connects.

It is almost a year since I came to the last names of the Daughters' grandchildren. I think of us all daily. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment