Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Family Changes, Because We are a Living Family

Losses and new arrivals. Illnesses and accidents. Seasons in man's life. As well in a families life. Page B5 in the Deseret News of Salt Lake City on Saturday August 27, 2013 is an illustration: the inner column carries the obituary of Earl Holding, a grandson of Lovina Pollard Holding and the central column carries the obituary of Linda Latter Bo, great granddaughter of Elizabeth Pollard Boud.

Because I watch for the names I have learned from researching the families of Bishop Pollard's daughters, and because I watch the histories of many families throughout the area I notice such things.  It brings to my mind the proverbial tree- Family Tree, if you will - and the continual changing from season to season but during each season as well. A leaf falls, a bud opens; a branch sends out shoots in two new directions while another is snapped off. In one season the growth is beneath the surface, or is at rest and in another it bursts forth.

I am looking for ways to organize this blog site to help new (and regular) researchers find the branches they are particularly interested in. The meaning and value for me is to share it. I have noted these passages above and others as comments to previous posts, and find that I also have to "dig" through the blog to find the post I need; with the advantage that I have a list of all blogs I can preview. I will study this medium further and hope I can improve the experience for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment